First off, I always feel the need to say (because it’s so important) that safety should always come first. Even if you like an idea and it sounds like something you’d like to do, but you don’t feel safe, don’t do it.
With that being said, I usually confront them in some way, because personally, I’ll feel better or really, not worse about myself if I fight back, and perhaps drop their gross, entitled ego down a few pegs.
Example (although it’s really about another girl, not me): I was getting out of my car for work today. Usually at work, I can’t say anything because I have a t-shirt that says the company name, and I’m representing the company at a table. Well, today I was just doing inventory (so no work shirt as a giveaway), and I was still in the parking lot, so I looked like a normal customer and could do/say whatever I wanted. A girl walks by, she’s wearing a sports bra and yoga pants, because she’s walking to the building next door to do yoga.
These two security guys (i think?) are driving by in their little gulf cart, she walks past them and they stop their cart. They both turn around ogling the fuck out of her for about ten seconds as she walks further away, making comments to each other. I see all of this (she didn’t see any of it), and am blown away.
So I yell, “Hey assholes” Funnily enough, they look my way, and I say, “I saw that and I think you are pathetic pieces of shit.” I meant to just say pathetic, but the rest just came out ha. Any who, they drove off really quickly.
I think if you can, it’s great to let men know that it’s not okay, but I am always aware of the opportunities where I can actually act on it, and those I cannot. Hope this helps!
- lola-forizzle reblogged this from feminishblog
- jennul likes this
- pattesdours likes this
- riotgrrrlact reblogged this from voicesforchoices
- voicesforchoices reblogged this from feminishblog
- virginesque likes this
- cedricdickery reblogged this from rrredlipstick
- finalcrisis likes this
- sneakingferocity likes this
- maycontainfeminists likes this
- squishmaster reblogged this from rrredlipstick
- cedricdickery likes this
- rrredlipstick reblogged this from feminishblog
- rrredlipstick likes this
- soulagape said: Or laughing. That was the best idea ever
- queerwomansprerogative likes this
- iamicecreamsbitch reblogged this from feminishblog
- deepprofoundstupidshit likes this
- dumahdie reblogged this from vancouverfeminist
- dumahdie likes this
- fempunkandkittens reblogged this from feminishblog
- taiamoon likes this
- taiamoon said: I never really feel safe…
- crankymuse likes this
- omgaypostmodernism likes this
- vancouverfeminist reblogged this from xmisterheatherx and added:
- xmisterheatherx reblogged this from feminishblog
- xmisterheatherx likes this
- theonlyfeministinmyhouse reblogged this from feminishblog
- clalalalalalalalala likes this
- thatlizardkid reblogged this from feminishblog
- thatlizardkid likes this
- boobiesprinkle likes this
- thelovelylibra likes this
- purplemartian likes this
- magicuddle likes this
- ladyvyolence likes this
- mudzeh likes this
- snowhyte likes this
- wi0uxe likes this
- lola-forizzle said: You are so awesome.
- lola-forizzle likes this
- solaceinflowers likes this
- positiivevibes reblogged this from feminishblog
- genderbinaryfucked likes this
- motu76 likes this
- chronicwafflelust said: I had a proper yell at a sleazy guy who made comments about me earlier today. He was so taken aback that I wanted to fistpump the air.
- chronicwafflelust likes this
- ingridbrgman likes this
- thirdpersonnarrator likes this